Medellín city tour
This city tour is available from hotels within the city of Medellín
Medellín is considered to be Colombia’s most forward-thinking city, with its innovative public transport solutions, dedication to the arts and socially just policies.
The city is home to two of Colombia’s most famous sons, world renowned artist Fernando Botero and grammy-award winning musician Juanes.
Medellín is also becoming increasingly touted as South America’s architecture hotspot with highlights such as Lorenzo Castro’s Jardin Botánico and Giancarlo Mazzanti’s Biblioteca España, a building which has become the most conspicuous emblem of the new Medellín.
For most though, Medellín will normally be noted for its people, the Paisas and the city’s year round temperate climate affectionally known as the primavera eterna or “the eternal spring.”
You will be met at your hotel and taken to the most important of Medellín’s attractions.
- El Poblado
- The amazing transformation of Comuna 13, its outdoor escalators and occasionally gruesome tales
- Plaza Botero: The centre of Medellín’s park dedicated to the work of artist Fernando Botero. This public space houses the world’s biggest collection of Botero sculptures.
- Parque Bolívar: Arguably Medellín’s most attractive public space. Located in the centre, the park covers two blocks and is dedicated to Colombia’s liberator Simón Bolívar.
- The Metropolitan Cathedral: Medellín’s landmark cathedral and the home of the archdiocese of Medellín.
- The Medellín Metro and MetroCable. A trip on Colombia’s most advanced public transport system including a visit to the hilltops in the ingenious MetroCable system that links Medellín’s poorer neighbourhoods to the Metro system
Additional tour options
We offer other options for making the most of this marvellous city. Ask us if you would like to consider
- Pueblito Paisa: A cultural site where Paisas decadently celebrate their own culture. The location affords impressive views across the Medellín skyline.
- Cerro Nutibara
We also offer a shorter 4 hour tour for those on arduous itineraries that need to do a tour the same day they arrive or depart from Medellín.
The ideal group size is 2 to 8 persons but individuals and larger groups can be accommodated on request.
- The perfect way to get to know this thriving city and its main attractions.