The following general terms and conditions apply, however regional circumstances and regulations, contractual obligations to suppliers, and matters relating to location, product type and supply logistics may cause these to be varied slightly for specific products, or specific destinations.
- Travel arrangements and prices detailed on our web sites are provided by The Colombian Way Ltd.
- The Colombian Way has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on our web site as at the time of compilation, however as it contains information from third party suppliers, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or mis-description contained therein.
- The prices shown on our website are for real packages, round trips and day trips or excursions and are bookable via The Colombian Way. Prices are subject to variation subject to season, travel class and cost of air travel for the chosen dates. No prices are guaranteed until a booking is confirmed and paid for.
- The Colombian Way does not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of those service providers in connections with your convention pursuant to a contract between them and yourselves and over whom we have no direct control. We do not accept liability in contract for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of government or of any other authorities, accidents or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
- It is essential that you check with us for any changes or variations to the information shown on our website. This will allow us to advise you of any such changes that we are aware of either before you book your holiday, or prior to your departure.
Terms and conditions of booking
Rates and Price Variations: We reserve the right to vary prices and rates in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by wholesalers or other suppliers. Rates quoted are appropriate to the particular product at the time of quoting and will not be guaranteed until a trip is confirmed. All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
Deposits: Your reservation may be subject to a deposit or payment in full prior to confirmation. Deposits are non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances. For reservations paid in full please refer to our cancellation policy if you wish to cancel or vary your reservation. Certain fees may apply for cancellations or variations. Typically a 25% deposit will be required, this may be higher where the itinerary has late availability air tickets or accommodation options which must be paid in part or fully when confirming the reservation.
Final Payment: Final payment is due one month prior to the travel date and prior to the lapsing of your reservation, whichever is the sooner. Full payment will be due immediately if travel commences within one month. No confirmations will be issued until final payment is received. Final payment conditions for certain accommodation and tour products may vary. We will advise you in writing of these conditions at the time of booking.
Prepayment of day trips: All day trips must be confirmed and prepaid at least 3 days in advance. The Colombian Way does not accept payment on the day of the tour.
Card Fees: There are no additional fees for paying by credit card.
Airline ticket booking fees: There are no additional booking fees for airline tickets booked as part of an extended tour. The Colombian Way does not book air tickets as a standalone service.
Cheque payments: The Colombian Way does not accept cheques.
Standard cancellation policy
If you change your mind or circumstances dictate that you are no longer able to take your trip. The Colombian Way will do whatever it can to assure the refund of as much of your paid reservation cost as is possible. For complete cancellation cover you should take out comprehensive travel insurance.
- Accommodation may be cancelled according the policy of the supplier of said accommodation. Accommodation that has been paid in full to the supplier will normally not be refundable. Certain fees may apply to the cancellation of accommodation.
- Private transfers and transport may be cancelled according to the policy of the provider of said service. Certain fees may apply to the cancellation of private transfers and transport. For part cancellations where some members of a group cancel but remaining members still use transfer or transport services, there will be no refund.
- Activities and other bookable products may be cancelled according to the policy of the supplier of said activities and products. Certain fees may apply to the cancellation of activities and other products.
- Flight Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable without exception.
Where possible The Colombian Way will endeavour to accommodate amendments and variations to your booked itinerary without additional fees. For the cancellation of accommodation, transport, activities or other products and services, certain third party supplier fees may be charged.
Change of itinerary after the tour has commenced
The Colombian Way is not able to change itineraries after the tour has commenced. There is no refund for unused services.
Late booking fees
The Colombian Way has no late booking fees, if we are able to secure your reservation for accommodation, transport, activities or other products and services, we will do so at the standard rates.
Refunds must be requested in writing to The Colombian Way. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather or illness. These must be claimed through your travel Insurance. No refunds will be made for services once travel arrangements have commenced. No guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
Reporting of Incidents: Any abnormal incidents including injuries, service problems, cancellation of a service or dissatisfaction must be reported to The Colombian Way during the event to allow us an opportunity to rectify the situation or provide assistance.
The Colombian Way Ltd. is a limited company registered in the Republic of Ireland. Payments made to the Colombian Way Ltd. are subject to contract law within the jurisdiction of Ireland.
Travel products and services in Colombia are provided by The Colombian Way or agents thereof on behalf of The Colombian Way Ltd.
Validity of Rates: Prices of bookings are confirmed for the itinerary specified in the booking.
Currency: thecolombianway.com is a multi-currency website. Prices on the website are shown in the selected currency. Tours may be quoted in a reference currency such as USD or EUR. The Colombian Way offers multi-currency billing and tours and services may be invoiced in any supported currency.
Children’s Rates: Child costs are based on sharing a room with adults and using existing bedding. Cost for additional bedding and rollaways are available on request. Certain airlines may offer discounts for children. Activities and excursions will not normally have a special rate for children. Any childrens’ discounts will be incorporated in the per person rate of your tour plan and not shown separately.
Payment Options: The Colombian Way accepts the following payment methods.
- Direct deposits by SWIFT, CHAPS, SEPA or UK BACS Faster Payment may be made to The Colombian Way Ltd. in EUROS, UK Sterling, US Dollars or Swiss Francs.
- PayPal payments will be invoiced in a supported currency. Non supported currencies are able to make payments but will be invoiced in Euros.
The Colombian Way does not accept Colombian Pesos or payments within Colombia.
Travel Insurance: It is extremely important that you take out travel insurance. This should cover cancellation of scheduled air services, delays, lost or damaged luggage, curtailment, medical assistance and repatriation.
Visas: Clients are responsible for ensuring that they have to correct visas and passports for their entire itinerary.
Vaccinations: Clients are responsible for ensuring that they have the correct vaccination certificates for their entire itinerary.
Personal information: For the purpose of making reservations with third party suppliers we may need to request and pass on the details of your nationality, passport number and date of birth, in addition to your name. Some suppliers may require a scan of your passport. In making your booking with The Colombian Way you agree to our passing on such personal data.
Accommodation: Your accommodation is as specified in your itinerary and the price is valid for the specified accommodation and dates therein. In exceptional circumstances we may need to change your accommodation and in doing so will notify you in writing.
Flights: Airfares show instant availability and fares at the time of quoting however we will not proceed with booking flights until your accommodation is confirmed. This is to avoid strict fees charged by airlines for flight amendments. This may result in fare and/or availability changes.
Flight and accommodation vouchers: All flights booked by The Colombian Way are issued on e-ticket stock. Clients will not receive paper tickets. Flight details will be included in final tour plans. A government issued photo ID is required to board flights. Accommodation vouchers will not be issued. A final tour plan guarantees that the hotel holds a paid reservation in the client’s name.
Check In / Check Out Times: These vary according to operator. Generally your accommodation check in is 2pm and check out 12pm. Please note that some properties will require a credit card authorisation on check-in to guarantee incidentals and may need to see photo identification. In the instance that you don’t have a credit card usually a cash bond will be required.
Single Supplement Costs: The costs of accommodation as shown on your reservation includes any applicable single supplement costs.
Accommodation Ratings: Any opinion we share of a certain accommodation is our own impartial opinion and should not be considered any sort of formal ratings system.
Website content: All maps, photographs, illustrations and graphics are included for illustration purposes only. Hotel room photographs may or may not be specific to the actual room that you are staying in. All maps embedded in our website are from Google Maps and we cannot offer any warranty as to their accuracy.
Quotations: All quotations are subject to availability of services quoted and are not guaranteed until the booking is confirmed and deposit received. Quotes are valid for 48 hours from issue date unless otherwise stated. Inclusions and Exclusions
Prices DO Include: All products and services included in your quotation or reservation confirmation. Unless expressly stated, your quotation or reservation includes all locally payable taxes and hotel insurance fees.
Prices DO NOT Include: Any costs incurred en-route to and from the start point of your itinerary, meals (unless specified), beverages (unless specified), telephone calls, items of a personal nature, and personal services not specified as being included in your quotation or reservation confirmation. Unless expressly stated as included in your quotation or reservation confirmation, access to national parks will be payable locally in local currency.
The copyright on all original & custom artwork, navigation elements, presentation methods and design elements included in our web sites is held exclusively by The Colombian Way. Copyright on all descriptive text is held by The Colombian Way.
Copyright on original photographic images is also held by The Colombian Way. thecolombianway.com uses additional images under licence or with permission.
Where joint copyright is held over proprietary text or images, The Colombian Way reserves the right to pursue all copyright infringements on behalf of the primary copyright holder. Where the copyright for a photographic image is held exclusively by a third party and used under licence or with permission, The Colombian Way reserves the right to protect the copyright of those images on behalf of the third party.
All maps shown on our website are the property of Google Maps
All custom graphics used are declared to be works of art created for use by The Colombian Way only, and as such are subject to international intellectual property conventions. Image files, HTML documents, and text files are not to be relocated to another server, or duplicated for commercial purposes without the express written permission of The Colombian Way.
thecolombianway.com and associated domains are an adaptation of the WordPress CMS platform. The Colombian Way makes no claims or representations relating to the ownership of copyright or intellectual property rights of the WordPress platform or any third party plug-ins, widgets, code or otherwise therein used by our website.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679
The Colombian Way Ltd is compliant with the requirements of GDPR.